With a personal blog, you can express your opinion or share your stories, videos and photos online, and make friends who have the same interests as you.
Here are the top 20 most popular blog websites on the web:
WordPress.com is the best free blogging site, members are allowed to add unlimited number of blogs, each with its own sub-domain.
Features of WordPress.com:
- Highly customizable and flexible, you can touch up your blogs with various of themes, widgets, menus, etc.
- 3 GB of free web space available to host your files in the following formats: jpg, jpeg, gif, png, pdf, doc, docx, pps, ppsx, xls, xlsx, ppt, odt, pptx.
- Organize your articles with categories and tags.
- Import and Export.
- Share new posts to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, Yahoo and other social networking websites.
- Comments management.
- Authors management.
- Generate the RSS feed automatically.
- Spell checking.
- Polls and contact forms.
- And more.
Global rank: 20.
BlogSpot is a free blogging service owned by Google.
Features of BlogSpot.
- Customizable templates.
- Earn money by using Google AdSense or Google Affiliate Ads.
- Built-in stats analysis system.
- And more.
Global rank: 12.
3. FC2 Blog
FC2 is the third-largest website in Japan, FC2 Blog is a free blogging service that offers 10GB of web space to bloggers, features of FC2 Blog:
- Allow to personalize your weblog with over 5000 free templates.
- Allow to modify the HTML and CSS file to customize the appearance of your blog.
- Support private mode.
- Import & export.
- And more.
Global rank: 48.
LiveJournal is a free online blogging community that lets you write your diary and make new friends online.
Global rank: 122.
5. MySpace Blog
MySpace is a famous social networking website owned by News Corporation, once registered, it will set up a personal blog for you automatically, allowing you to share your life’s stories, photos and videos online with family, friends and groups.
Global rank: 203.
Blog.com is a free blog hosting service which is built using the WordPress platform. It allows you to create one or more blogs with a single account.
Since it’s built upon WordPress, it offers you the ability to change your blog’s theme, change all links to mp3 files with an embedded audio player, export your blog to a file in XML format, import your posts and comments from another system like Blogger, LiveJournal, a Movable Type blog, Posterous, a TypePad blog or a WordPress blog, and more.
Global rank: 749.
HubPages is a social content community for writers. Members (known as “Hubbers”) are given their own free sub-domain, where they can post magazine-style articles (referred to as Hubs). Hubbers are encouraged to enrich their text by embedding videos, external links, reader surveys, photos and maps, and providing a comments box for reader feedback.
Hubbers earn revenue through advertising on their Hubs, including HubPages’ own Advertising Program, Google AdSense, eBay and Amazon.com. The AdSense and eBay earnings accumulate along with your HubPages Ad Program earnings which helps to reach payout faster.( source: Wikipedia )
Global rank: 446.
Weebly enables users to create websites and blogs for free, simply drag and drop the elements( Paragraph, Block Quote, Picture, Youtube Video, Title, Read more Break, Google Adsense, Photo Gallery, Slidershow, Audio Player, Flash, Google Maps, Contact Form, Online Poll, Custom HTML, etc. ) to create your blog, you don’t need to know any code or technical skills.
Furthermore, Weebly provides over 100 well designed themes to personalize the appearance of your blog.
Global rank: 305.
Posterous is a free blogging service that enables to create multiple spaces.
Features of Posterous:
- Publish your posts with the app for iPad, iPhone or Android anywhere, anytime.
- Post your content to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and other popular social networking sites automatically.
- Allows to personalize your space with privacy settings, various of professional themes, as well as custom domains.
Global rank: 968.
Tumblr is the most popular microblogging service in the world presently.
Global rank: 35.
11–20: Blogspot in other countries:
- Blogspot.in. Global rank: 79.
- Blogspot.com.br. Global rank: 144.
- Blogspot.com.es. Global rank: 227.
- Blogspot.co.uk. Global rank: 321.
- Blogspot.de. Global rank: 354.
- Blogspot.jp. Global rank: 386.
- Blogspot.com.ar. Global rank: 803.
- Blogspot.com.au. Global rank: 1035.
- Blogspot.se. Global rank: 1401.
- Blogspot.co.nz. Global rank: 7820.