If you are a professional photo retoucher, you can edit images with standalone programs like Adobe Photoshop, Corel PhotoImpact, GIMP, GimpShop or other image editing software, but they will take you some time to learn how to use them. With the online photo editing software, you can touch up your photo, decorate them with cute items easily without requiring any graphics knowledge.
Here’s our collection of the 15 best free online photo editing websites:
This powerful and easy to use online photo editing utility is a great alternative to Picnik, it has almost the same user interface and functions as Picnik.
With Ribbet, you can edit and touch up your photos, apply effects to them, or decorate them using a ridiculous number of preset stickers, frames and text with very little effort.
At this time anybody can upgrade to premium account for free, simply register to enjoy all the benefits of a premium plan!
In a word, Ribbet is the perfect substitute for Picnik, whether you are an amateur or a professional, it’s for you.
PicMonkey is another online image editing site similar to Picnik and Ribbet, it comes with an intuitive and elegant interface, allowing users to touch up and edit images, add hundreds of effects, overlays, frames, textures, themes from the library to your photos with a few clicks and drag-n-drop operations.
iPiccy is a replacement to Picnik, it does not have as many preset stickers and frames as Ribbet or PicMonkey, but it performs better in effect processing, and allows to tweak your settings to view the effect you selected in a snap.
Here’s the list of available photo effects of iPiccy:
- Basic: Black & White, Sepia, Soften Image, Color Boost, Orton Effect, Matte, Vignette.
- Vintage: Anthony, Robert, Jennifer, Susan, William, Michelle, Henry, Polaroid Filem, Daguerreotype, Lomo.
- Area: Focal B&W, Fancy Focus, Focal Soften, Focal Pixelate, Focal Zoom.
- Color: Rainbow, Gross Process, Gritty, Infrared, Bloom, Vibrance, Color Tint.
- Artistic: Posterize, CinemaScope, Pencil Sketch, Pop Art, Shine, Weaver.
- Textured: Peeling Paint, Old Photo, Wanted Poster, Fiery Image.
- Advanced: Cartoonizer, Pencil Drawing, HDR Advanced, HDR Picture, Retro Comic, Neon Glow, Cyber Vision.
- Misc: Snow, Photo Collage, Scanlines, Pixelate, Liquify.
There’re thounds of stickers, frames and colorful text available on piZap, it’s a simple process to decorate your photos with hearts, flowers, organic, emoticons, sparkles, neon swirls, bling, shapes, random, Halloween, eyes, glasses, hats, dogs, cats, monsters and animals with piZap.
Pixlr is a flash based photo manipulation application similar to Adobe Photoshop, it enables to edit your images on the client side without uploading it to the cloud with many advanced features: wand tool, layers, history, unlimited undo and redo, filters, etc.
Below is the incomplete feature list of Pixlr:
- Supported tools: crop, move, wand tool, marquee tool, lasso tool, pencil, brush, eraser, paint bucket, gradient, clone stamp, red eye reduction, color picker, type, zoom, hand, etc.
- Open image from local hard drive or URL.
- Free transform( rotate, scale ), free distort.
- Redefine image size or canvas size, rotate / flip / crop canvas.
- Add, duplicate, delete, merge, reorder, rotate or flip layers; Add layer mask, apply layer styles, rasterize layer.
- Adjust brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, color balance, color vibrance, levels, curves, exposure. Threshold, color lookup, invert, sepia, solarize, etc.
- Supported filters: blur, box blur, gaussian blur, noise, diffuse, pixelate, mimic HDR, emboss, kaleidoscope, etc.
- Supported input image formats: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, PSD, BMP, PXD.
- Supported output image formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG.
Photovisi is a photo collage maker which allows to create beautiful collages from your photographs with over 100 free templates, you can take photos from webcam or upload them from computer, add them and lots of cute shapes and backgrounds from the preset library.
Every items on the canvas are translatable, rotatable and scalable.
Kizoa allows to edit your pictures and apply effects to them. But where it excels is that it offers hundreds of amazing frames, it’s highly recommended!
Some frames are only available to paid users, but it will only cost you $29.99 a year.
8. Gif Maker
With the assistance of GifMaker you can create animated images in GIF format from a serious of still photos.
Adobe Photoshop express editor is the lightweight online version of Photoshop, it provides the following tools: crop & rotate, resize, auto correct, exposure, red-eye, touchup, saturation, white balance, hightlight, fill light, dodge, burn, sharpen, soft focus, crystallize, pixelate, pop color, hue, black & white, tint, sketch, distort.
In addition, Photoshop.com allows to decorate your photos by adding objects in these categories: text, bubbles, stickies, party, animals, costumes, sports, miscellaneous, expressions and frames.
Using PhotoFunia you can create funny pictures by putting your photo on newspapers, magazines, billboards, posters and other interesting scenarios. You can save the resulting photos to your computer or send them as postcards to your families and friends.
11. Sumo Paint
Sumo Paint is a simple online image editing application that offers various of fundamental tools to manipulate and enhance your digital image files, such as magic wand tool, layers effects, free transform / rotate tool, filters, etc. Additionally, it supports full screen mode.
LunaPic is an online image editor and gif creator, it offers many effects: Blend two Images, Christmas Bulb, Kaleidoscope, Cartoon, Charcoal, Pencil Sketch, NeedlePoint, 3D Cube, Fire Effect, Water Effect, Explode , Add Lens Flare, Comic Book Style, etc.
LunaPic allows to create GIF animation with dozens of effects: Reflecting Water, Water Droplet, Snowfall, Rotating Cube, Groovy Rainbow , Sparkles Effect, Pouring Rain, Floating Hearts, Glitterize, etc.
This website lets you make realistic photo montages with more than 500 templates including:
- Magazine Covers
- Monster Effects
- Zodiac Signs
- Photorealistic Montages
- Painting and Drawing Effects
- Face Photo Montages
- Stylized Effects
- Human-to-Animal Montages
- Money Templates
- Simple Frames
- Lighting Effects
- Shape Photo Collages
- Color Filters
- Fancy Photo Filters
- Templates for Many Photos
- Background Effects
- Amazing Photo Frames
- Celebrity Collages
Once the photo is converted, you can share it with your friends, save it to disk or send an E-card with resulting picture.
BeFunky is another website like PicMonkey and Picnik, it allows to manipulate your images and append various of effects, text, frames, goodies to them.
PhotoBucket is one of the most popular image hosting and sharing sites, it allows to edit your photos online with the embedded powerful image editor powered by Pixlr and post them to any website like Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Scoop.it, etc.
This image editor has similar user interface and features as Adobe Photoshop, it’s capable of editing your photos with many advanced functions on the client side efficiently.